Customer Success Engineer (CSE)
PEER Group provides factory automation software solutions and consulting services to the semiconductor, photovoltaic, LED and other high-technology industries. The world’s leading equipment makers use PEER Group’s automation software products to enable smart manufacturing, and to solve their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems. With more than 100,000 licenses shipped, we are the leading supplier of equipment connectivity and testing products to equipment makers and their end users around the world. Our innovative and reliable products and services help lower the cost of automation for high-volume manufacturers and their equipment suppliers.
We’re looking for a dynamic technical engineer to facilitate the acceptance and successful implementation of PEER Group’s existing products in the Asian market.
You will work in creative collaboration with customers, as well as PEER’s President, VP Sales, Applications Engineers, Sales Engineers, and Software Developers.
SCOPE OF DUTIES:
Reporting to the Vice-President (Sales), the Customer Success Engineer (CSE) will work under the direction of the Key Account Manager, using their technical expertise to help positively position PEER Group products and technologies in China.
An important part of the CSE’s job is developing professional relationships with the key technical influencers and buyers. You will work closely with the Key Account Manager to identify technical product features that will positively impact the sales opportunity. The CSE must be able to work with the customer pre and post sales to answer product questions. You may participate in architectural meetings, set up demos, implement products evaluations at customer sites and provide consulting services as required. You will also work closely with our product teams, giving feedback from customer engagements to help drive product improvements for the Asian markets.
- Acts as a technical expert for PEER product sales to OEM opportunities
- Qualifies prospective opportunities from a technical standpoint
- Works with sales to develop strategies to identify and leverage PEER Group product opportunities in Asian accounts
- Presents and demonstrates technical details of PEER Group products to the assigned accounts
- Removes technical obstacles during the sales process
- Provides localized technical support in pre-sales opportunities
- Aids potential customers in developing system architectural design in the early stages
- Creates and maintains strong relationships with key accounts technical staff
- Translates technical documents (e.g., data sheets) between languages (Mandarin/ Cantonese/ English)
- Post-Secondary education in a technical field (Engineering, Systems Design, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science) and/or work experience, ideally in the area of automation technology
- 5+ successful years of experience in a high tech engineering role involving complex and technically challenging product or solution sales and applications engineering
- Working technical knowledge of software architecture and software development processes
- Special knowledge of industry standards in the semiconductor area (300mm SEMI Standards) as well as software products is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Knowledge of software design, use of UML tools
- Experience with C#, C++
- Experience with Windows, Unix and/or Linux operating systems
- Ability to accommodate international travel of up to 40% (you must possess or be qualified to obtain a passport that allows travel throughout Asia, may include Taiwan and Korea)
- Excellent communication skills (Chinese and English writing and speaking), with the ability to effectively interact with customers
- You enjoy challenges and working in teams
- High commitment to success, ability to multitask within tight deadlines, and a professional demeanor are assumed
- Excited to work for the sales team of a top North American company in the semi automation industry
Please submit your resume by email to Janice Retterath. Visit our careers section for more information on applying to and interviewing with PEER Group.
About PEER Group
PEER Group is headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, with an office in Dresden, Germany. A privately-held company, PEER Group currently employs over 130 people worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, ability and performance. We welcome inquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workplace. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR at 519 749 9554. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise HR of accommodation measures you may require during our interview process. Of course, we will address these matters with respect and confidentiality.