Key Account Manager
PEER Group provides factory automation software solutions and consulting services to the semiconductor, photovoltaic, LED and other high-technology industries. The world’s leading equipment makers use PEER Group’s automation software products to enable smart manufacturing, and to solve their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems. With more than 100,000 licenses shipped, we are the leading supplier of equipment connectivity and testing products to equipment makers and their end users around the world. Our innovative and reliable products and services help lower the cost of automation for high-volume manufacturers and their equipment suppliers.
We’re looking for a dynamic salesperson to expand PEER Group’s existing footprint in the Asian market.
You will work in creative collaboration with customers, as well as PEER’s President, Vice-President (Sales), Applications Engineers, Sales Engineers, Software Developers and Project Managers.
SCOPE OF DUTIES:
Acting under the direction of the Vice-President Sales, the Key Account Manager will make new contacts within the growing Asia OEM market, and manage all aspects of PEER Group’s business activities within these focused opportunities. This includes prospecting for new opportunities, harvesting business from existing accounts and business development activities. You will work directly with customers to understand how PEER Group products can meet their needs, covering semiconductor OEM’s. The sales role involves sales calls, travelling to customer sites, gathering their needs, proposal writing, relationship management and closing of business.
Responsible for full sales cycle management
- Develops and nurtures new business opportunities within semiconductor OEM companies in China and other related targeted accounts using your strong network in the OEM community
- Works with Customer Success Engineer to develop strategy that will convert leads into closed sales
- May include cold calls to identify new opportunities
- Tracks sales activities effectively within PEER Group’s sales tracking system
- Works with the product team to create plans to introduce new products or new product features in the Asian market
- Prepares for and attends weekly internal sales call
- Builds and enhances existing customers relationships performing customer touch activities to grow our product footprint within these accounts
- Works with Customer Success Engineer to prepare proposals, quotes, and presents product demos in person and using web-based technologies to OEM customers
- Travels to customer sites in Asia for meetings
- Develops PEER’s brand by attending relevant trade shows
- Assumes responsibility for setting and meeting sales plan, including quarterly reviews and reporting actual versus planned results
Post-secondary education in Engineering in a technical field and/or sales experience, ideally in automation technology
- 5+ successful years of experience in a high tech sales role involving complex and technically challenging solution sales
- Demonstrated customer relationship management skills
- Charismatic communication skills (Chinese and English writing and speaking), with the ability to effectively interact with C level customers
- Basic technical knowledge of software architecture
- Knowledge and experience in semiconductor manufacturing, particularly Semiconductor OEM
- Experience coordinating activities within a number of opportunities simultaneously to manage and execute the sales process effectively, including prospecting, sales calls, sales visits and closing business
- Strong persistence, a competitive spirit and the drive to win attitude critical
- Proven ability to create and deliver engaging customer presentations
- Computer skills including MS Office Suite and experience with Salesforce
- Ability to accommodate international travel of up to 40% (you must possess or be qualified to obtain a passport that allows travel throughout Asia)
- Knowledge of SEMI software and/or hardware standards a bonus
- High commitment to success, ability to multitask within tight deadlines, and a professional demeanor are assumed
Please submit your resume by email to Janice Retterath. Visit our careers section for more information on applying to and interviewing with PEER Group.
About PEER Group
PEER Group is headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, with an office in Dresden, Germany. A privately-held company, PEER Group currently employs over 140 people worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, ability and performance. We welcome inquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workplace. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com or call HR at 519 749 9554. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise HR of accommodation measures you may require during our interview process. Of course, we will address these matters with respect and confidentiality.