Senior software engineer
PEER Group has a talented, dynamic, and international team of software and services engineers. We deliver products, software solutions, and services in the field of manufacturing automation and manufacturing operations management. In order to expand our product engineering and customer services team in Dresden/Germany and Villach/Austria we are looking for flexible senior software engineers.
Senior software engineer
Based in Dresden or Regensburg, Germany and Villach, Austria
You are interested in applying your in-depth knowledge and experience in software engineering in the field of industrial applications like equipment automation, process control or production control. You like to travel and work abroad, and you enjoy working with international multicultural teams. Accordingly, you have good oral and written communication skills in English and German.
We would be happy to receive your letter of application. Your areas of expertise should include:
Successful candidates will have the sole responsibility for:
- Practical application of object-oriented analysis and design with Unified Modeling Language (UML) required
- Application of object oriented design and programming patterns
- Expert programming skills in C# and the Microsoft .NET framework (including WPF, WCF, WF, etc.) required
- Usage of databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL) required
- Programming language C++ desirable
- Practical knowledge about equipment integration standards desirable
- Process control knowledge desirable
- Statistical knowledge desirable
- International driving license required.
- Participation in project planning and requirements meetings at our customers' sites
- Writing requirements documents and alignment with customers' needs and expectations
- Design of customized and standard software components for our customer solutions or PEER Group products
- Coaching of junior software engineers through pair programming sessions, periodical code reviews and appropriate instructions
- Implementation and verification of customized and standard software components for our customer solutions or PEER Group Products.
If you are interested please send your letter of application including your curriculum vitae (CV) via email to our human resources assistant Mrs. Stephanie Schueller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About PEER Group
PEER Group is headquartered in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, with an office in Dresden, Germany. A privately-held company, PEER Group currently employs over 140 people worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, ability and performance. We welcome inquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workplace. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com or call HR at 49-351-2139000. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise HR of accommodation measures you may require during our interview process. Of course, we will address these matters with respect and confidentiality.