Software Developer - Connectivity Products
PEER Group provides innovative factory automation software solutions and consulting services to the semiconductor, photovoltaic, LED and other high-technology industries. The world’s best manufacturing companies turn to PEER Group to solve their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems. With more than 100,000 licenses shipped, we are the leading supplier of equipment connectivity and testing products to automated factories around the world. Our innovative and reliable products and services help lower the cost of automation for high-volume manufacturers and their equipment suppliers.
Software Developer - Connectivity Products
Based in Dresden, Germany
One Intermediate position available
Working with our product development team in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, you will be focused on providing connectivity software for the Semiconductor Industry that provides SEMI compliant factory automation communications for semiconductor, solar, MEMs, LED and other high-technology manufacturing equipment. You will solve real-world problems for our customers by providing Tier 2 support for mission critical software.
Scope of Duties:
- Learn about PEER Group’s connectivity products and the Semiconductor automation standards.
- Learn and use PEER Group’s testing products: PFAT™, CCS Envoy™, SECSIM Pro®+ and DiDaCT.
- Use your design skills and your coding talent to sustain and enhance the functionality of our products.
- Design, develop, code, and integrate applications using UML, C/C++, C#, Visual Studio, TFS.
- Code for multiplatform applications – Windows, Linux, Solaris.
- Perform unit testing on code and participate in bug fixes.
- Interact with your team, management, and customers, to resolve Tier 2 support issues.
- Work flexible hours or overtime as needed.
- Occasional travel to customer sites within North America, Asia and Europe will be required.
- Occasional travel to Kitchener office.
To excel in this position, you need to possess:
- Post-secondary education in a technical field (Engineering, Systems Design, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science) and/or work experience, ideally in the area of automation technology.
- 3-5 years (Intermediate) experience in a Software Development role using related technologies and design methodologies.
- Solid knowledge of software design and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong coding skills and experience in C/C++ in Windows and Unix operating systems required.
- Special knowledge of automation an asset.
- Keen problem solving and troubleshooting skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and German, with the ability to effectively interact with customers and teammates, face to face and remotely.
- High commitment to success, ability to multitask within tight deadlines, and a professional demeanor are assumed.
- International driving license required.
You’ve always been a quick learner and you have the ability to hold a lot of details in your head – which gives you an edge when jumping into a new product space and assimilating the legacy of information that you need to know to become a guru. You have an amazing ability to figure out technology puzzles and get things to work. When you have a tricky problem in your head, it doesn’t leave you until it’s solved. You have pride of purpose and heroic acts of problem-solving are your specialty.
You understand the importance of having a rock solid code base to build the future products on and you enjoy the challenge of keeping the core product on track while adapting to new functionality driven by industry requirements.
Please submit your resume by email. To fast track your application, please include an electronic copy of your transcripts with your application via e-mail to Mrs. Stephanie Schueller. Visit our careers section for more information on applying to and interviewing with PEER Group.
About PEER Group
PEER Group is headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, with an office in Dresden, Germany. A privately-held company, PEER Group currently employs over 130 people worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, ability and performance. We welcome inquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workplace. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com or call HR at 49-351-2139000. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise HR of accommodation measures you may require during our interview process. Of course, we will address these matters with respect and confidentiality.