Director, Factory Sales NA and Asia
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director, Factory Sales NA and Asia is responsible for representing PEER Group’s automation products and services to end user customers in both North America (NA) and Asia. This includes the professional management of all aspects of PEER Group’s business activities within these focused opportunities such as prospecting for new opportunities, harvesting business from existing accounts and business development activities in NA as well this the management of distributors in Asia. The sales role involves travelling to customer sites, gathering their needs, proposal writing, relationship management and closing of business.
As part of an executive leadership team, this role interacts with every function in the company and has regular interaction with customers and prospective customers, the sales team, Applications Engineering and Project Managers. The Director, Factory Sales NA and Asia will participate in strategic planning and goal setting for the organization. This role will require travel.
- Creating sales strategy for each fiscal year
- Meeting sales targets
- Responsible for end user sales in North America and Asia including China, Japan, South Korea, India, South East Asia
- Drive strategic planning to establish sales models and quota allocation to attain targets
- Provide input on company and product positioning
- Analyze sales pipeline results
- Participate in executive team meetings to participate in strategic planning and share sales strategies and planning and report sales results
- Develop and implement sales management processes to increase sales team efficiency, effectiveness, responsibility and accountability
- Responsible for managing and meeting target quotas
- Developing new business opportunities within semiconductor and other related targeted accounts in Factories in Asia
- Relationship management for important Factory customers
- Prospecting for new opportunities within those customers’ domains and adjacent industries
- Making cold calls to identify new opportunities
- Ensuring leads are followed up in a timely manner
- Attendance at trade shows to raise PEER Group’s profile in North America and Asia
- Managing existing and new distributors in Asia
- Regular maintenance of customer and lead records in Salesforce
- Preparation of proposals, quotes, presentations with the support of an experienced technical AE
- Periodic review of programs with customer and Engineering group
- Follow up on Purchase Orders, Change Orders, Integration and Support Requests
- Client management assistance to the Project Managers and accounting
- Stay current and report on local market conditions and competitor activity
- Travel 25% to customer sites in Asia. Quarterly travel to PEER headquarters in Kitchener is also required if the candidate is remote.
- Organizing and attending sales team strategy meetings as required
- Conduct team status meetings and 1:1 meetings with direct reports to ensure team alignment
- Conduct regular performance reviews
- Responsible for weekly sales forecasting of NA and Asian sales
- Provide professional and career development through assignments, training etc.
- Post-secondary education in a technical field
- 10+ successful years of experience in an high tech sales role involving complex and technically challenging solution sales and application engineering
- Knowledge and experience in selling products and/or services to semiconductor equipment manufacturers or other related industries
- Basic technical knowledge of software architecture and development processes
- Able to coordinate activities within a number of opportunities simultaneously to manage and execute the sales process effectively, including prospecting, sales calls, sales visits and closing business
- Drive-to-win attitude a must
- Demonstrated relationship management skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office Suite and experience with a CRM system
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and confident presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills in Cantonese and/or Mandarin a bonus.
The compensation package includes base salary plus commission on sales and benefits.
Please submit your resume by email as a .doc, or .pdf attachment. To fast track your application, please include an electronic copy of your transcripts with your application via e-mail to Careers@peergroup.com. Visit our careers section for more information on applying to and interviewing with PEER Group.