Full Stack Developer | Product Engineering | Intermediate and Senior
Smart Manufacturing starts with factory automation software
PEER Group® provides the largest portfolio of factory automation software products and services to high-volume manufacturers and equipment makers in the semiconductor, photovoltaics (PV), and electronics industries.
We help lower the cost of automation for our customers by solving their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems.
As a group, we are focused on creating customer success while working in a supportive atmosphere filled with challenges, fun and food. Our workstations were created for ergonomic comfort with cube walls for times when we have to concentrate and huge whiteboards for when we need to collaborate. We like profit sharing and full disclosure Communications Meetings. We recognize the great people we grow by promoting from within.
Full Stack Developer – Product Engineering
Positions in Kitchener, ON available immediately
Talented, Intermediate and Senior level developers needed
Working as part of our Product team, doing software development in the semiconductor industry, you will be involved in all phases of the software engineering process - from new feature design, to design documentation, to software development and testing to release.
What’s the challenge?
Design for success
- Engage with your team to envision, design, develop and integrate features into the product using UML, OOD, C#, WCF and Visual Studio.
- Create User Interface Designs with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) on .NET 4.5.
Make sure it works
- Help build and augment our automated unit and scenario testing framework and test suite.
- Fix bugs, not just as observed, but so that the whole platform is more robust for different operating scenarios.
- Follow all code and documentation standards.
- Troubleshooting issues reported from QA or customers.
Become an expert
- Acquire domain knowledge about the semiconductor industry through exacting industry automation standards and through real-life tool operation scenarios.
- Learn how PEER Group’s various products (connectivity, automation, testing) interact to produce a superior result for our customers.
- Be part of an interdisciplinary Agile team that works closely together to deliver a superior product that you can be truly proud of.
- Work flexible hours or overtime as needed.
What do you need to bring with you?
- Post-secondary education in a technical field (Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Software Programming Diploma, or similar).
- 2+ solid years of working experience in software design and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong coding skills with experience with C# and .NET, C/C++, and/or Java in a Software Development role.
- Working knowledge of WPF.
- Special knowledge of discrete automation with robots or experience writing device drivers an asset.
- Experience with Windows required. Linux and UNIX operating systems experience a bonus.
Extraordinary Problem Solving!
- Mechanical aptitude as you will be designing and testing interfaces for various types of mechanical hardware, including robots.
- Keen troubleshooting skills with strong attention to detail.
- Exercise your strong investigation skills in analyzing product defects.
- Excellent communication skills (English writing and speaking), with the ability to effectively interact with team members, face to face and remotely.
- High commitment to success, ability to multitask within tight deadlines, and a professional demeanor are assumed.
You like the excitement of being part of something new - bringing a new concept to reality. You enjoy the learning, teamwork and the challenge of pushing a complex product to the next state of its evolution.
You know that most good things happen as a result of a carefully managed plan - thoughtful design, sharing of information, commitment to a clear goal, coordinating and communicating the plan for delivery and acceptance - that leads to customer satisfaction.
You’re a problem solver. You have this amazing ability to figure out technology puzzles and get things to work. You pick up new knowledge and assimilate it into what you already know in a way that gives you an edge. When you have a tricky problem in your head, it doesn’t leave you until it’s solved.
You are able to understand other people’s pain – analyze their production loss in terms of time or money so you can make suggestions about how to make the best progress at solving their problem. You will have the opportunity to become an expert in PEER Group connectivity and automation products. You will grow and develop your knowledge of the semiconductor domain to become the go-to person when our teams are in a bind.
We need your ability to jump on a learning curve, familiarize yourself with the problem space, the industry and the testing tools and get right into customer site work. Come and work in an environment where professionals have a chance to become experts; where you work in a small company environment, but deal in the big leagues. Come to PEER Group.
Please submit your resume by email. To fast track your application, please include an electronic copy of your transcripts with your application via email to Janice Retterath. Visit our careers section for more information on applying and interviewing with PEER Group.