Integration Specialist | Senior
Smart Manufacturing starts with factory automation software
PEER Group® provides the largest portfolio of factory automation software products and services to high-volume manufacturers and equipment makers in the semiconductor, photovoltaics (PV), and electronics industries.
We help lower the cost of automation for our customers by solving their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems.
Senior Integration Specialist
One position available in Germany
Using your industry experience, you will work with customers and the engineering services teams to ensure PEER projects are successfully installed and integrated at the customer site.
This role interacts with every function in the engineering group and may have interaction with Sales, customers and prospective customers. The Senior Integration Specialist may be asked to provide assistance to Sales to create solutions and quotes. They may also be asked to provide coaching and mentoring to other Integration Specialists. This role will require significant travel.
What’s the challenge?
- Interpret solution level design.
- Participate in installation, implementation and integration of software into the customer system.
- Provide onsite testing and participate in bug fixes.
- Provide customer support following the integration.
- Design, develop and code application components using C, C++ and/or C# in Windows environments.
- Learn new languages and technologies as required to integrate software and provide support.
- Provide mentoring to colleagues.
- Interact with customers and management.
- Your leader is the Director, Engineering Services.
- Work with a large team or several smaller teams including Software Development Managers, Developers, Quality Assurance and Information Developers.
- Work with Sales and Applications Engineering to provide technical expertise and help create project bids.
- Travel to customer site to ensure PEER solutions are installed and integrated successfully.
- When not travelling, you will help the support team by looking at customer reported issues, triaging, or fixing.
- Meet with Sales, customers and the team during project planning to develop a schedule for project deliverables and milestones.
- Be involved in all phases of the software engineering process - from functional specs and design, to software development and unit testing, to functional quality assurance testing followed by installation at the customer site.
- Respond to changes in deliverables, resources and timelines.
- Plan for installation, implementation, and integration of software at the customer location.
- Ensure all processes and standards are followed.
- Meet regularly with the Software Development Manager (SDM) to report on project status, completion of milestones, change requests, project risk and customer issues.
- Stay in contact with customers to report on project status and gather feedback regarding issues.
- Respond to changing needs with a new plan.
- Flex your communication style to deal with many different personality types.
- 50% travel to customer sites and on-site work. Must be legally able to immediately travel within Europe and as Asia as required.
What do you need to bring with you?
- Post-secondary education in a technical field (Engineering, Systems Design, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science) and/or work experience, ideally in the area of automation technology.
- 5+ years’ experience in a software integration and/or development role.
- Experience with automation design and project implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
- Keen problem-solving and trouble shooting skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow design methodologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and German, with the ability to effectively interact with customers and teammates, face to face and remotely.
- High commitment to success, ability to multitask within tight deadlines, and a professional demeanor are assumed.
- Willingness to travel within Europe and Asia as required by the assignment (at least 50%).
- Specialized knowledge of industry standards in the semiconductor domain (300mm SEMI Standards) as well as PEER products is a plus.
From helping with the Sales effort, to participating in the project, to implementing software solutions at the customer site – you’ve done it all. You are a resourceful person who comes to each new challenge with a plan. You are methodical and creative, and you have superior problem-solving skills you can rely on when challenges arise.
You like the excitement of being part of something new — bringing a new fab or a new tool into production. You enjoy the learning, teamwork, and challenge of making a project successful. You know that most good things happen as a result of a carefully managed plan — requirements gathering, sharing of information, commitment to a clear goal, co-coordinating and communicating the plan for delivery and acceptance — that leads to customer satisfaction.
Please submit your resume by email as a .doc, or .pdf attachment. To fast track your application, please include an electronic copy of your transcripts with your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our careers section for more information on applying and interviewing with PEER Group. We appreciate the interest of all applicants however, only those chosen to advance further in the recruitment process will be contacted.
About PEER Group
PEER Group is headquartered in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, with an office in Dresden, Germany. A privately-held company, PEER Group currently employs over 170 people worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of ability, qualifications, and performance. The PEER Group Inc. hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or expression, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. We welcome inquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workplace.
If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com or call HR at 519 749 9554. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise HR of accommodation measures you may require during our interview process. Of course, we will address these matters with respect and confidentiality.
No agencies please.