Support Specialist – Level 1 (L1)
Smart Manufacturing starts with factory automation software
PEER Group® provides the largest portfolio of factory automation software products and services to high-volume manufacturers and equipment makers in the semiconductor, photovoltaics (PV), and electronics industries.
We help lower the cost of automation for our customers by solving their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems.
As a group, we are focused on creating customer success while working in a supportive atmosphere filled with challenges, fun and food. Our workstations were created for ergonomic comfort with cube walls for times when we have to concentrate and huge whiteboards for when we need to collaborate. We like profit sharing and full disclosure Communications Meetings. We recognize the great people we grow by promoting from within.
Support Specialist – Level 1 (L1)
Positions available in Kitchener, ON
Suitable for talented new grads with customer relations experience and rabid attention to detail.
Acting under the direction of the Quality, Process & Support Manager, the Support Specialist - Level 1 (L1) will launch the first level of customer support response by gathering key information regarding the customer’s issue, opening a case in our customer relationship management (CRM) system and escalating the issue to Level 2 (L2) Support when appropriate.
In the course of this role, the L1 will regularly interact with our customers, L2 support team members in Quality Assurance and development who provide support and Engineering Managers.
The functions of the L1 role may evolve from time to time as new opportunities to provide more effective customer service develop.
Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday with a one hour lunch
What’s the challenge?
Shepherd our support channels
- Monitor support mailbox for new issues and updates to existing support cases.
Custodian of the support system
- Create and maintain support cases: status, summary, follow-up, email linking.
- Determine customer support entitlement from CRM contracts.
- Prepare support case tracking status reports/portal for issue review meetings.
Customer service excellence
- Send first response email to customer acknowledging receipt and providing ID tracking number.
- Gather required information from the customer (priority, severity, product, version, log files).
- Conduct release activities related to support (case closure, linking release emails to accounts, etc.).
- Resolve license activation requests.
- Hand-off issues to L2 support case owners.
- Create and maintain customer fact sheets.
- Prepare and maintain support metrics to review with the Quality, Process & Support Manager.
- Participate in support audits and system upgrades.
- Drive process improvement initiatives that support customer success.
What do you need to bring with you?
- Post-secondary education in office or contracts administration and a techie nature OR equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of customer support or quality assurance.
- Service-obsessed and hungry for digital organization.
- Accounting or contracts administration experience an asset.
- World class English communication on the phone, in person and in writing.
- Additional languages like German, Mandarin, or Japanese an asset.
Extraordinary Problem Solving!
- Technical aptitude as you will be triaging technical problems.
- Proven ability to learn new software.
- Keen troubleshooting skills with strong attention to detail and respect for process.
- Interact with customers and teammates face to face and remotely.
- High commitment to success, ability to multitask within tight deadlines, and a professional demeanour are assumed.
You like to enable customer success. You are methodical and responsible – by getting the right information to the right people at the right time you engender customer and team trust.
You enjoy the challenge of organizing data and details and ensuring clear communication channels. You like to fill in the blanks, check the boxes and follow next steps because you see how important it is to clients to have a repeatably great experience when they need help. You can see past the first steps of setting up a new support call in a CRM to how crucial the information you enter will be for reporting and decision-making in the future.
You have a brain like a sponge. You pick up new knowledge and assimilate it into what you already know in a way that gives you an edge. New people, new processes, new tools, new customers – you love it!
You know that most good things happen as a result of a carefully managed plan - requirements gathering, sharing of information, commitment to a clear goal, coordinating and communicating the plan for delivery and acceptance”that leads to customer satisfaction.
We need your ability to jump on a learning curve, familiarize yourself with the tools, the processes, the problem space, the industry and weld yourself into the team. Come and work in an environment where professionals have a chance to become experts; where you work in a small company environment, but deal in the big leagues. Come to PEER Group.
Please submit your resume by email. To fast track your application, please include an electronic copy of your transcripts with your application via email to Janice Retterath. Visit our careers section for more information on applying and interviewing with PEER Group.