Web Developer - Remicus | Junior or Intermediate
Smart Manufacturing starts with factory automation software
PEER Group® provides the largest portfolio of factory automation software products and services to high-volume manufacturers and equipment makers in the semiconductor, photovoltaics (PV), and electronics industries. We help lower the cost of automation for our customers by solving their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems.
As a group, we are focused on creating customer success while working in a supportive atmosphere filled with challenges, fun and food. Our workstations were created for ergonomic comfort with cube walls for times when we have to concentrate and huge whiteboards for when we need to collaborate. We like profit sharing and full disclosure Communications Meetings. We recognize the great people we grow by promoting from within.
Web Developer - Remicus
Talented Junior or Intermediate position based in Kitchener, Canada
Working as part of the Remicus product team, you will be taking on the challenge of providing our OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers with remote access to equipment and data from factories using our remote connectivity product. This is an innovative, cloud-based technology so there will be lots to learn. Your teammates have lots of experience. You will be involved in all phases of the software engineering process.
What’s the challenge?
- Work with the development and QA teams to spec and design new features for Remicus from the product roadmap.
- Develop, code and test application components using UML, OOD, C#, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, SignalR, Redis, AWS, WCF, Jasmine and Protractor.
- Responsible for unit, functional and integration testing on code and participation in bug fixes.
- Follow all code and documentation standards.
- Interact with team and management.
What do you need to bring with you?
- Post-secondary education in a technical field (Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Software Programming Diploma, or similar).
- Junior or Intermediate (2 + years) experience in a Software Development role using related technologies and design methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Special knowledge of industry standards in the semiconductor area (300mm SEMI Standards as well as software products is a plus).
- You enjoy challenges – figuring our what we have never done before.
Extraordinary problem solving!
- Mechanical aptitude as you will be designing and testing interfaces for various types of mechanical hardware, including robots.
- Keen troubleshooting skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (English writing and speaking), with the ability to effectively interact with customers and team members, face to face and remotely.
- High commitment to success, ability to multitask within tight deadlines, and a professional demeanor are assumed.
You like the excitement of being part of something new - and coming up with innovative ways to make a new product successful.
You’re a problem solver - you have this amazing ability to figure out technology puzzles and get things to work. You pick up new knowledge and assimilate it into what you already know in a way that gives you an edge. When you have a tricky problem in your head, it doesn’t leave you until it’s solved. You will have the opportunity to become an expert in PEER Group connectivity and automation products.
You know that most good things happen as a result of a carefully managed plan — requirements gathering, sharing of information, commitment to a clear goal, coordinating and communicating the plan for delivery and acceptance — that leads to customer satisfaction.
We need your ability to jump on a learning curve, familiarize yourself with the problem space, the industry and the testing tools and get right into product development. Come and work in an environment where professionals have a chance to become experts; where you work in a small company environment, but deal in the big leagues.
Come to PEER Group.
Please submit your resume by email. To fast track your application, please include an electronic copy of, or link to your portfolio with your application. Send it via e-mail to Janice Retterath at email@example.com. Visit our careers section for more information on applying to and interviewing with PEER Group.
About PEER Group
PEER Group is headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, with an office in Dresden, Germany. A privately-held company, PEER Group currently employs over 150 people worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, ability and performance. We welcome inquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workplace.
If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR at 519 749 9554. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise HR of accommodation measures you may require during our interview process. Of course, we will address these matters with respect and confidentiality