Flexible and easy configuration
EIB OEM is a single, flexible connectivity software platform that results in a solution which is efficient to implement and deploy. It’s easy to configure for any tool type – process, metrology, inspection – and any tool topography – single substrate, batch, cluster, multi-chamber and continuous flow.
OEMs can enable options to customize their solution to meet end user needs while still maintaining a stable integration point with equipment software and/or devices. Host communications and behavior is easily captured to be shared with end users.
EIB OEM is built on the Equipment Information Bridge (EIB), a patented and industry-proven software technology platform that provides a robust and flexible connectivity solution meeting the demands of mission-critical equipment software and your customers’ evolving manufacturing needs.
Both EIB OEM and EIB Factory are built upon the same technology which means that many factories are using the same automation software technology as their suppliers.
As the foundation for all next-generation PEER Group connectivity products, EIB enables fast and reliable communications to any number and type of equipment such as sensors, end-point detectors, add-on chambers as well as software components including equipment control or APC software. EIB provides the latest factory automation standards including SECS/GEM, GEM300, PV2, and EDA as well as general purpose communication protocols such as OPC, Microsoft COM, .NET, and WCF.
Custom communication mechanisms are easily added in order to integrate specialized software applications, non-standard host communications, or 3rd party peripheral devices to your equipment. Real-time and historical data collection and storage is fully configurable allowing easy access to equipment data for caching, visualization and data analysis.
With EIB OEM’s configuration, debugging and troubleshooting utilities, and code samples you can further reduce your implementation time. Using EIB's data management client sample, Data Management Explorer, data client development time is accelerated enabling rapid validation of data collection plan configuration, plan activations and transmitted data.
EIB OEM is built on the Microsoft .NET Framework, allowing OEMs to take full advantage of .NET’s programming which can reduce integration time by as much as 50%. The .NET implementation enables a number of other features, including improved threading and memory management, full object exposure, and multiple programming languages (C#, J#, VB#, C, COM), allowing OEMs to utilize .NET functionality even if the equipment controller itself is not based on .NET.
|| Quickly create equipment models which integrate your equipment and host communications using a variety of time-saving features
||Reduce debugging time by using EIB Explorer to validate your equipment communications and data management
||Resolve errors quickly using EIB's Log Viewer to analyze your real-time or historical log files
||Control access to secure data within EIB
|EDA Pro Client
||Verify your EDA implemenation during development by using EDA Pro Client to test individual EDA messages
|Data Storage Administration
||Easily execute, monitor and manage your data management database
Acts as a data server, simplifying the management and coordination of information flow between the host and equipment
- Provides multiple simultaneous, independently-managed connections which include multiple:
- Equipment applications and components
- Types of equipment
- Incorporates a full range of SEMI equipment automation standards such as GEM, GEM300, EDA, and PV2 as well as other emerging standards in a single, configurable solution
- Leverages the Microsoft .NET Framework for both 32-bit and 64-bit client and server deployments
- Enables single or multiple instances of EIB to be deployed on a single machine providing additional deployment flexibility
- Creates an equipment model using the SEMI E120 Common Equipment Model (CEM) standard
- Provides rapid SECS/GEM compliance to numerous HMI/SCADA software packages that support OPC for PLC-based equipment including Modbus, Rockwell’s RSView32 and FactoryTalk View, Wonderware Intouch, GE’s Cimplicity and iFix, Siemen’s SIMATIC WinCC, and National Instrument’s Labview
- Supports popular factory and equipment control system communication protocols including HSMS, TCP/IP, Serial, ASCII, OPC, Soap, and COM/DCOM as well as .NET Remoting and WCF technologies
- Extends beyond traditional host communications with custom interfaces, message handling, and state management
- Protects your state information with data persistence, simplifying your equipment recovery (optional)
Experience EIB OEM in action
Try a fully functioning evaluation of EIB OEM that lets you explore equipment connectivity, SEMI Standards-compliant communications, EDA and data collection capabilities. Contact PEER Group Sales to arrange your product evaluation.