Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) accessibility statement and multi-year plan
The PEER Group Inc. (PEER Group®) is committed to excellence in providing accessible customer service to all customers, office visitors, and employees – including people with disabilities. We believe that it is important for people of all abilities to have an equal opportunity to access the services they require with independence and dignity, with assistive devices and policies integrated into the service standard. We provide training to current and new employees to ensure that all employees understand and can implement accessibility standards. We keep our employees with disabilities safe by providing personal emergency response plans and information when required or requested.
PEER Group ensures that our staff members are trained on various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our services.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
PEER Group welcomes people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
Accessible emergency information
If an emergency causes our offices to close temporarily, PEER Group will use a variety of means to notify employees and expected visitors that the office is closed, and will make best efforts to ensure that all parties (including those who require accessibility accommodations) can receive the information. Notifications might include:
- Text messages.
- A written notice on our website that could be read with an assistive device.
- A verbal message on our answering machine.
PEER Group will provide training to employees and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees.
PEER Group will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the necessary training:
- Post our Accessibility Policy on our external website and intranet.
- Ensure all current and new employees have received the Accessibility Policy and training guide.
- Provide training as part of our onboarding program.
- Post training material on our intranet.
Information and communications
PEER Group asks all visitors to our offices how we can best assist them. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities by consulting with the person who requires accommodation to determine their information and communication needs. We communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take their disability into account.
PEER Group has taken the following steps to make sure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request:
Before January 1, 2016, PEER Group took steps to ensure all publicly available information can be made accessible and provided in different ways (e.g., large print, read aloud, etc.) on request.
PEER Group took steps on our external website in an effort to ensure its content and design conformed with AODA WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021.
PEER Group will continue to:
- Review new website content and designs to ensure external websites are up to date with WCAG 2.0., Level AA compliance standards.
- Make any amendments as necessary.
- Strive to meet as many WCAG 2.0, Level AA compliance standards as possible in external websites.
PEER Group is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We take the following steps to notify the public and our employees that, when requested, we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
- Update individual online job opportunities with our commitment to accessibility.
- Notify recruitment teams that upon request, we will make accommodations for public and employees with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
PEER Group creates and executes individual accommodation plans and return-to-work plans for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
To prevent and remove other identified accessibility barriers, PEER Group provides an open forum for reporting any accessibility barriers and accommodation.
Contact us to learn more
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact the Human Resources team at:
Accessible formats of this document are available free of charge upon request.