Answer our pre-screening questions
We can’t promise to reply to everyone who sends in a resume, but if we are interested in your application, we might send you some pre-screening questions. Usually, it’s via email. The quality of your response tells us a lot. For some positions, like Reception, we may do the pre-screen over the phone.
Pre-screen hints and tips
- Complete the pre-screen to the best of your ability and email it back promptly.
- If you haven’t worked with a technology that’s mentioned, just put a zero for years of experience. We believe that people can learn things if they’re given the appropriate support. Your pre-screen will help us figure out what you would need to learn on the job here.
- Sometimes the gap is too big, and if that’s the case, we’re both better off if we figure that out upfront.
- People agonize over the salary range question. We have a range in mind and you have a range in mind. If you’re an interesting candidate and there’s a mismatch here, then we’ll talk further before the interview.
After we have received your pre-screen answers, we will set expectations regarding the next steps. If you don’t hear from us by the appointed time, feel free to send an email about your status.
Come in for an interview
Our section regarding interviewing with PEER Group provides lots of tips and tricks for a successful interview at PEER Group. Here are some highlights on preparing for your interview with us.
On interview day, make sure you shower, shave, pluck, and dress nicely – do whatever you need to do to show up looking well-groomed and smelling nice, but not too nice. Please don’t overdo the cologne.
If a trusted person in your life thinks you’re on the wrong track with your look/hair/smell – listen to them.
Before the interview, take some time to:
- Review your resume so you can speak to dates and experiences.
- Review our website so you have a clue about what we do.
On interview day, be ready to:
- Shake hands firmly – but resist the urge to crush bones.
- Make eye contact when you speak.
- Ask questions! Even if you think you know it all, you should ask some questions to get to know more about your interviewers, the job itself, and what it’s like to work at PEER Group.
Accept our offer
If you are the chosen one for the position, we will contact you to get a verbal agreement, discuss your salary level and start date, and then we’ll meet to go over your written offer.
Ask lots of questions so you understand what you are signing and your terms of employment.