Smart Manufacturing offerings
Smart Manufacturing starts with factory automation software
We help equipment makers (OEMs) and factories reduce their automation and control costs. To do so, we have assembled the largest, most innovative portfolio of factory automation software products for the semiconductor and related industries.
However, our commitment to automation innovation for Smart Manufacturing extends well beyond our large product portfolio; we also provide a range of consulting services that help our customers – both factories and equipment makers – achieve success.
Click the items below to help you find the product that best meets your needs.
PEER FACTORY® is a collection of feature sets for building a custom factory automation solution, like a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). Our software engineers combine the feature sets to design custom solutions to meet unique manufacturing requirements.
PEER FACTORY® Station Controller (PFSC™) is a platform for developing station controllers easily and integrating equipment into an automated factory quickly. Semiconductor factories use PFSC to build station controllers for every tool on the manufacturing floor, providing a generic communication layer between equipment and factory systems.
PEER FACTORY® Station Controller (PFSC™) is a platform for integrating equipment into an automated factory quickly. Semiconductor factories use PFSC to build station controllers for every tool on the manufacturing floor, providing a generic communication layer between equipment and factory systems.
PEER EDA Tuner
PEER EDA Tuner™ is a factory-side Equipment Data Acquisition (EDA, Interface A) software development kit (SDK) that factories use to build EDA data collection clients and create data collection plans for accessing real-time SEMI E120 CEM (Common Equipment Model) data in SEMI-compliant EDA format.
PEER® Tool Orchestrator (PTO®) is an equipment automation and control framework with a GUI-based tool designer, PEER Tool Composer (PTC). Semiconductor OEMs use PTO to automate equipment.
PEER FACTORY® Acceptance Tester (PFAT™) is a scenario test designer. Semiconductor OEMs use it to build and execute holistic test automation scenarios to ensure equipment meets factory requirements.
CCS Product Suite
The CCS Product Suite is a product comprised of the CCS Envoy™ test engine and CCS Test™ Plans. Semiconductor OEMs and factories use it as part of their ACM program, testing equipment for compliance against the SEMI automation standards.
SECSIM Pro®+ is a simple test harness that semiconductor OEMs use to write scripts to test automation scenarios or send individual SECS messages to test basic SECS/GEM communication.
DiDaCT is a flexible testing product that semiconductor OEMs use to run fab-approved scenarios – e.g., SEMI E84 (Carrier Handoff) test plans – for equipment.
Remicus™ is a cloud-based remote connectivity product that semiconductor OEMs use to gain secure remote access to equipment and data, empowering geographically-dispersed experts to collaborate on deployed equipment from anywhere.
EIB® OEM is a framework that equipment makers use to provide SEMI Standards-compliant connectivity to factory host systems, and provide factories with real-time and historical data. It supports various equipment interfaces and provides the flexibility to develop custom interfaces.
EIB OEM is available in three versions:
- EIB GEM for 200mm SECS/GEM equipment communications
- EIB 300 for 300mm equipment communications
- EIB EDA for providing EDA (Interface A) data to factory host systems
ConX300™ is a multi-platform framework that semiconductor OEMs use to implement SECS/GEM and GEM300 (300mm) factory automation standards for host communications on any Windows or Linux equipment control system.
GWGEM® is a multi-platform framework that semiconductor OEMs use to implement GEM (E30) communications on any Windows, Linux or Solaris equipment control system.
SDR™ is a multi-platform SECS driver used by semiconductor factories and OEMs. Factories use it to implement SECS communication on any Windows, Linux or Solaris equipment control system.
Factories use it for integrating equipment SECS communication into factory control systems and applications running on Windows, Linux, or Solaris.
portA™ is a multi-platform EDA server that semiconductor OEMs use to add EDA data collection to GEM and GEM300-compliant equipment control systems developed in C/C++.
NexEDA™ is a .NET framework that semiconductor OEMs use to combine the GEM300 (300mm) automation capabilities of ConX300™ with the EDA capabilities of EIB® EDA.
EIB® Factory is a SEMI Standards-compliant framework that 200mm and 300mm semiconductor factories use to connect factory host systems to equipment, enabling equipment communication and data collection. EIB Factory supports various equipment interfaces and provides the flexibility to develop custom interfaces.
Solutions for OEMs and factories
Sometimes, you might require a comprehensive solution based on several of our products and services. For example, if you need to monitor the performance of all of your deployed equipment from anywhere in the world, you could use our global fleet management solution. It is based on multiple products and includes factory connectivity, automation, and remote equipment monitoring and control capabilities. It also feeds collected data to any analytics package so you can make informed decisions about things like predictive maintenance schedules and processing improvements.
Solutions for factories
Collect data from your manufacturing floor
- Characterize equipment in your factory
- Connect the factory: equipment, sensors, IIoT devices
- Collect data (e.g., processing data, events, alarms), organize, share, and store big data
Control equipment, processes and workflows, and monitor factory-wide performance
- Add station controllers, equipment automation, line controllers, and SCADA solutions to your factory
- Integrate a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) for:
- Performance monitoring
- Recipe management
- Lot management
- SPC analysis
- Unit traceability
- Asset management
- Configuration management
- Perform Advanced Process Control (APC)
Test equipment for factory acceptance
- Test factory automation
- Automation Capabilities Management (ACM)
- Test equipment performance
- Perform SEMI compliance testing
Solutions for equipment makers
Automate your equipment and collect meaningful data
- Connect equipment and IIoT devices to factory systems
- Collect, organize, and share data
- Perform SPC analysis and charting
- Feed the data into any analytics package for predictive decision-making and preventive maintenance
- Control equipment and sub-components
- Design and manage recipes
- Manage your software releases
- Get PLC expertise (consulting, design, programming) to support equipment automation
Monitor performance of all your deployed equipment from anywhere
- Monitor, control, and collaborate on your deployed equipment remotely and securely
- Offer value-added services to your factory customers remotely
- Manage your fleet of equipment for predictive decision-making and performance optimization
Ensure quality and compliance
- Assess factory requirements to ensure equipment compliance
- Test your equipment before and after deployment to a factory, to ensure quick factory acceptance
- Perform SEMI compliance testing
- Consult with QA experts
Choose from a flexible engagement model
Regardless of the level of services or the type of solution you require, you can choose the right approach for your needs. During our initial consultation, we will review requirements together, discuss anticipated duration and deliverables, and determine the best option. Finally, we will provide you with a detailed proposal, including costs, so there won’t be any surprises.
We provide consulting services at every step of the project process, from initial equipment design to implementing our own software automation products, providing staff augmentation for your teams, and ensuring new equipment is accepted into the automated manufacturing environment.
- Do you need to introduce equipment into the market quickly and cost-effectively? Read about our services for equipment makers.
- Do you need to connect equipment into your factory, develop equipment interfaces (EI) or station controllers, or track products throughout your manufacturing floor? Read about our services for factories.